Sunday, July 5, 2009

Days 12 and on

Basically this whole time I have been eating just ice cream shakes, which are so thin it's basically like drinking chocolate milk, and chicken broth. Just recently Anthony discovered some new foods for me, it can be any creamy soup cooked up and then sent through a little strainer that looks like the wire for a screen door, the wires are so small and close together that it pretty much gets all of the fine particles out. My favorites are Cream of Shrimp, Brocolli Cheese, and Cream of Potato. I haven't really reached any milestones other then getting my lips to close and drinking an iced coffee through a straw. Here is a picture from Day 12:
I can see a huge improvement in my swelling, I can even see a little smile starting to form. I think at that point I was beginning to feel happy that I did the surgery. But before that I completely regretted it 100%.
Here are pictures from Day 18:
Throughout this whole process also, my right side always seems to be more swollen then the left.
It hurt at first to smile, but it's getting better.
I am in LOVE with my new profile. It's so nice to see myself without my jaw jutting out or without looking mad because of my jaw!

These next pictures are from Day 20:
Smile is getting bigger...
Trying to keep my lips closed, still doesn't feel natural they just want to hang open!

Day 28:
The pretty earrings are HAND MADE from my sisters in-laws!So as of right now I have absolutely no pain...I have lost 20 pounds, which is okay because I still had baby weight I needed to lose...tomorrow is probably the best day of my life, the bands of doom are coming off and my splint is coming out! Hooray! I can finally talk, and hopefully get to eat a little bit of brownie batter! I will blog and put pictures up tomorrow of my new mouth rubber band and splint free!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment